Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Day 6: Porridge and The 5 Hour Drive to Ngorongoro

This morning we had a super delicious breakfast. They made us this porridge that is very thin, but so good! We also had avocado, sausage, fried potatoes, cucumbers, and tomatoes with fresh passionfruit juice. It was sooooo good. Everthing here seems to be so good. Then, we piled into the daladala (bus) and drove to the TCDC. There, I found the hugest snail i've ever seen! This doesn't sound important, but I LOVE snails. Last time I visited my mom, I gathered the snails in her flowerbed and arranged them by size and whether it had a snail or just a shell. I think they are so cute. Anyway, I picked it up and held it and my professor, Dr. Riley, took a picture. I don't know when she'll post it, but here's my picture of the snail: 




Today we made the trek to the Ngorongoro Park which took about 5 hours. The drive was actually not bad, especially since the people in the car with me were awesome. We all got along really well and even came up with a squad name: The Zebros. We spent a lot of time joking around and singing (mostly Disney songs). Then, we arrived at our hotel. It was so beautiful and as we drove up, we were greeted by the staff who sang to us and served us passionfruit juice. We gathered on the balcony of the office and were given a short orientation about our stay at the Acacia Farm Lodge before we were given our keys and shown to our rooms. Each pair of people got their own house with a living room, dressing area, balcony, huge bedroom, and large bathroom. Everything was so gorgeous, we just couldn't wrap our minds around it. 

Zebras bus ride pics

Later, we had dinner in the dining hall where we talked amongst ourselves and to our professors. I tried a local cabernet savignon which was good, but MUCH stronger than wine in the US is. After dinner, we were all wiped so just about everyone headed off to bed. I fell alseep in my own African paradise and slept soundly as I dreamt of the safari we'd be going on the next day. 

Zebros at the lookout point 
Juice at the lodge 

Our room

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment