Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Day 23: Sunday Funday

Today we got up, had breakfast, and went to church. Amber and I wore our new dresses and got lots of smiles and compliments on them. There was so much singing and the church itself was beautiful! They introduced us and welcomed us. They also give offerings to the church multiple times each service. We saw a baptism as well 👶🏿


Amber in her new dress 

Me in my new dress 

Then, a bunch of Danish professors came over for lunch and Baba talked about the Tanzanian health care system and the upcoming elections. They also asked me about my education, working, and my time in Tanzania. I taught them the word for coffee in Swahili ("kahawa") and then baba showed us how he roasts, grinds, and brews the coffee. Afterward, everyone got to drink the coffee we had watched him make (admittedly, it was a bit strong because Baba was rushing so he could stick to the Danes' schedule). 

Baba's coffee demonstration 

I also took pictures of the flowers in Mama and Baba's garden: 



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Nanny said...

You look beautiful in your new dress. Amber does too.Everything is so pretty all the flowers and land

Post a Comment